Dover Personal Injury Lawyers – Protecting the Rights of Injured Victims
An injury can turn your life upside down in an instant. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may face a long road to recovery. Along that road, you will have to deal with the exorbitant costs of getting well. Or, worse, you may have to come to terms with a potentially lifelong affliction from which you may never recover. If you have experienced the worst-case scenario, you may be grieving over a loved one who suffered a life-ending injury.
If your situation was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation – not only for the medical bills and the costs of recovery or rehabilitation, but also for the emotional and physical pain you have suffered. The amount you receive in medical-related costs would be based on the treatments and therapies you will need for the projected duration of your injury – even if it is for your lifetime.
You may be able to recover costs that include:
- Medical evaluations
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Future earnings
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Home care
- Home modifications
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (when gross negligence is involved)
What is a “Personal Injury?”
A personal injury, from a legal perspective, is any injury you suffer because of someone else – through negligence, recklessness, or violence. Personal injury may fall into any of the following categories:
- Medical Malpractice – This may include a physician’s failure to diagnose or properly treat a serious illness, failure to disclose important information about an illness, botched surgery, and more.
- Birth Injury – An injury that is suffered before, during, or after delivery can have a lifelong impact on the child and on the family.
- Auto Accidents – Car accidents are the cause of serious injuries and deaths every day. Serious accidents may also involve a truck, bus, train, motorcycle, or when a pedestrian is struck.
- Premises Liability – This can include any injury that occurs on private, municipal, or business-owned property.
- Work Injury – In addition to Workers’ Compensation, you may be entitled to third-party benefits for your injury. This is most common in construction accident cases.
- Catastrophic Injury – This is any injury that causes permanent disability. It could be the result of a motor vehicle accident, a work injury, or an assault.
- Nursing Home Abuse – When you trust your loved one’s care to a facility, and that person is injured, neglected, or abused, it can be heart-wrenching. Filing a lawsuit against a perpetrator or their employer is one way to hold them accountable for their actions.
- Defective Products – We have filed claims against manufacturers, corporations, and distributors whose products have caused harm.
- Wrongful Death – We are committed to seeking justice for those who have suffered the tragic death of a loved one due to another person’s dangerous behavior.
Dover Personal Injury Lawyers at Rhoades & Morrow Stand Up for Those Harmed by Negligence
If you or a loved one has experienced a personal injury, we know the extraordinary financial, physical, and emotional costs you face, and we are determined to achieve the justice you deserve. Call the knowledgeable and highly skilled Dover personal injury lawyers at Rhoades & Morrow to schedule a free consultation or contact us online. We have offices to serve clients upstate and downstate Delaware. Call our Milford office at 302-422-6705, our Bear office at 302-834-8484, or our Wilmington office at 302-427-9500.