Advocating for Personal Injury Victims in Middletown
If you sustained a personal injury because of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Even if it is not apparent at the time of the accident, your injury could adversely affect your well-being and interfere with your ability to earn an income. Minor injuries may become long-term health issues, whether you experienced a slip and fall accident or a catastrophic car accident. If you contact a lawyer to file for damages, the compensation you receive could cover varied expenses including:
- Medical treatment
- Income including both past and future earnings
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
- Punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
It is important to take detailed notes after an accident or injury occurs because it will help lawyers build your personal injury claim. Describe what daily challenges you face due to your injuries. Evidence and photos offer lawyers a more accurate picture in which to create the case. Visit medical professionals to assess your injuries and retain any medical bills you receive. Ensure you send a written notice regarding the accident and your injuries to any responsible parties.
When filing a personal injury claim in Delaware, realize that there is a statute of limitations which begins when you are injured or discover the injury. We encourage you to seek the services of experienced Delaware personal injury lawyers who will guide you in the pursuit of your claim.
Since 1990, at Rhoades & Morrow, we have successfully represented injured plaintiffs. Each case receives personal attention, and we attest that we have recovered millions in compensation for our clients’ losses.
Where We Can Help
We help clients with the following:
- Auto Accidents — Statistically speaking, more motorists on the road means an increase in motor vehicle accidents. Common contributing factors to accidents include distracted driving, drunk driving, and aggressive driving.
- Catastrophic Injury — Victims with permanent disabilities due to an assault, motor vehicle accident, or work accident may benefit from consulting with lawyers who can address their needs and ensure they are being met.
- Defective Products — With our extensive product liability experience, our Middletown product liability lawyers will guide clients in filing claims against manufacturers, corporations, and distributors of defective products.
- Medical Malpractice — Our law firm handles medical malpractice claims including birth injury, misdiagnosis and failure to treat cancer, serious illness, or cardiac arrest, as well as medication and lab errors.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Since motorcycles expose motorcyclists to potentially dangerous elements, motorcyclists are more vulnerable to sustaining life-threatening injuries in an accident with a negligent driver.
- Nursing Home Abuse –Many elderly patients cannot speak out if they experience abuse, so our law firm will investigate and handle any abuse claims. Unexplained injuries, medication errors, lack of safety measures to prevent falls and roaming, as well as bedsores, dehydration, and malnourishment may demonstrate inadequate care.
- Pedestrian and Bike Accidents — Motorists may not realize the rules that protect pedestrians and bicyclists on the road. Unfortunately, this misconception makes pedestrians and bicyclists vulnerable to possibly sustaining serious injuries or even fatalities.
- Premises Liability — Both property and commercial owners must maintain their premises to ensure they are safe and secure. Catastrophic injuries affecting the head and spine may result in expensive medical bills and debilitating conditions.
- Truck Accidents — Legal complications may arise in a truck accident because the driver, owner/operator, and trucking company will attempt to avoid liability. Despite this, our truck accident lawyers will ensure you secure the maximum awards for any catastrophic damage that occurs.
- Work Injuries — With our understanding of Workers’ Compensation, at Rhoades and Morrow, we serve injured workers and navigate the complex guidelines in retrieving benefits.
- Wrongful Death — If a loved one experienced a fatal accident like drowning, electrocution, suffocation, or violence, for which another party was accountable, our wrongful death lawyers will hold the parties responsible and recover any available compensation for family members.
Middletown Personal Injury Lawyers at Rhoades & Morrow Serve Injured Victims
In your search for experienced personal injury lawyers, we recommend contacting our Middletown personal injury lawyers at Rhoades & Morrow. To schedule your free consultation, call our office at 302-427-9500 or contact us online. At our offices in Wilmington, Bear, and Milford, Delaware, we handle work injury and personal injury cases in both upstate and downstate Delaware including Wilmington, Hockessin, Newark, Glasgow, Bear, Middletown, Smyrna, Dover, Milford, Lewes, Georgetown, and Seaford, and communities in New Castle County, Kent County, and Sussex County.