Delaware Personal Injury Lawyers
Advocating for Victims of Injuries
If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Many injuries have lasting impacts whether from a slip and fall, or a catastrophic motor vehicle accident, and what seem like minor injuries can turn out to have long term effects that impact your earning capacity. If you decide to seek damages for your injuries, the compensation you could be awarded may include amounts to cover the following:
- Medical treatment
- Income including both past and future earnings
- Property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Punitive damages in the case of gross negligence
After you experience an accident or injury, if possible take detailed notes about what happened because you may need them when you bring a claim for personal injury. Write down everything about your injuries and how they affect your daily life. Preserve any evidence that you can and take photos to document your evidence. See a medical professional about your injuries and receive copies of your medical records. Finally, send written notice of the accident and your injuries to anyone who may be responsible.
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim generally begins when you are injured or discover the injury. If you are unsure of your legal options, it is important to seek the advice of a dedicated Delaware personal injury lawyer who can provide counsel.
At Rhoades & Morrow we have years of experience successfully representing the rights of injured plaintiffs. We have recovered millions in compensation for our clients and devote personal attention to each case we take.
Where We Can Help
We provide skilled legal representation in the following areas:
- Auto accidents – Statistics show that the accident rate is rising with more motorists on the road than ever before. Distracted driving, drunk driving, and aggressive driving are common causes of car accidents.
- Catastrophic injury – Whether it is a motor vehicle accident, work accident, or assault, if you have been permanently disabled, our team of experts will make sure your current and future needs are addressed.
- Defective products – Our Delaware product liability lawyers are experienced in bringing claims against manufacturers, corporations, and distributors of defective consumer products.
- Medical malpractice – We handle all types of medical malpractice claims including birth injury, failure to diagnose cancer or serious illness, failure to identify and treat heart attack, stroke or blood clots, surgery mistakes, medication and lab errors, and failure to disclosure important information about a disease or treatment.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable when involved in traffic accidents caused by a negligent driver. The injuries suffered can be devastating and life altering.
- Nursing home abuse – Elderly patients are often unable to report abuse. If your loved one has unexplained injuries, experiences medication errors, has fallen or wandered off due to lack of safety measures, or shows other signs of inadequate care such as bedsores, dehydration, or malnourishment, our legal team is prepared to investigate and file a claim on your behalf.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle accidents –Bicyclists and pedestrians have rights and motorists are obligated to share the road. Many drivers do not pay enough heed to those traveling on foot and by bicycle. Injuries sustained by pedestrians and bicyclists can be severe.
- Premises liability – Property owners, whether private or commercial, have an obligation to keep their premises safe and free of hazards. Slip and fall accidents that result in head or spine injuries can be very serious with lasting damage and costly medical treatment.
- Truck accidents – Besides usually causing catastrophic damage, truck accidents are complicated legally. The driver, owner/operator, and trucking company will all try to avoid liability. Our truck accident lawyers will make sure you receive the maximum possible compensation for your case.
- Work Injuries – We represent all types of injured workers from construction to health care, office, and factory workers. We will help you determine if you are eligible for third party benefits in addition to your Workers’ Compensation benefits.
- Wrongful death – At Rhoades & Morrow we are dedicated to holding responsible parties accountable for a preventable death and recovering compensation for the surviving family members. We investigate claims for fatal accidents involving drowning, electrocution, suffocation, or violence in which another person or entity is responsible.
Experienced Wilmington Personal Injury Lawyers at Rhoades & Morrow Advocate for Injured Victims of Accidents
If you are looking for a Wilmington personal injury lawyer, you need look no further than the law firm of Rhoades & Morrow. We will fight for you every step of the way to obtain the maximum possible compensation for your case. Call our Wilmington office at 302-427-9500 to schedule your free consultation or contact us online. We also have offices in Bear and Milford, Delaware. Rhoades & Morrow handles all personal injury and work injury cases throughout Delaware, including Wilmington, Hockessin, Newark, Glasgow, Bear, Middletown, Smyrna, Dover, Milford, Lewes, Georgetown, and Seaford, as well as any other community in New Castle County, Kent County, and Sussex County.